I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

The List of '06

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Called it quits on a friendship. I'm usually the one hanging on trying to make things work -- this time it needed to happen from my end.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My New Year's resolution was pretty easy.. have more sex. Now there's a resolution I can stick to! This year it's to keep busy and find a new hobby (or two).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No, but I don't hang out with a lot of people in that situation.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No people, but I said goodbye to 4 very special dogs this year. Tiara had a massive stroke in May at the age of 13. My baby Reba was put down due to old age (12)in October, and the same day Cino was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis and malabsorption syndrome and was put down, as well, at age 6. Then just a mere 2 days ago, Mom called to say that our Bouvier, DD, collapsed and also had to be put down. 4 dogs in one year is a lot to take.
5. What countries did you visit? I didn't leave Canada.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? A hobby!
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? October 12, as this was the day my sweet girl was laid to rest.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? You know.. it was a slow year for achievements around here.. I guess my promotion at work.
9. What was your biggest failure? The hopes and aspirations I had for Linc man.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not that I think it started this year, but the ulcer was a big one.
11. What was the best thing you bought? All the stuff required to make my room the way it is. It's the best bedroom I've ever had.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I don't think anyone did anything that inspired a great amount of Cause Celebre in me
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Corey's. Undeniably. I never realized how calloused and selfish some people could be.
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills, bills, bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going down South to Salmon Arm in August.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Crazy by Gnarls Barkley
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? - Well.. things last year finally seemed to be on the up and up for me, but sadly they didn't turn out the way I'd hoped. I'm still with the same guy that I was with but things are a lot more solid than they were then. So I guess that makes me happier.
b) thinner or fatter? About the same, I think.
c) richer or poorer? - Well.. at this time last year I was unemployed living off my last paycheque and vacation pay. So I'm richer because I can expect another paycheque in 2 weeks.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? The unexpected.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Putting up with stuff that stressed me out.
20. How did you spend Christmas? With my family. Mom and I drank champagne and OJ, we all opened presents, set to work making Christmas dinner and just hung out at home.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? I fell MORE in love.
22. How many one-night stands? None. Even my one 'filler' relationship that I had in the early spring was about 2 months from start to finish.
23. What was your favorite TV program? Family Guy.. it's the only thing I really watched.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Yes... he's mentioned above.
25. What was the best book you read? The Five People you meet in Heaven, followed a close second by The Da Vinci Code.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? The song Breathe Me by Sia.
27. What did you want and get? Several things.. a new digicam, luggage, a wok, an external hard drive.
28. What did you want and not get? A new computer.. but it's not something I asked for either.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? The Majestic was pretty great. I also watched the Miniseries of 'Angels in America' that was released back in '03 this year and I loved that.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went out with Mr. Roberts, opened some presents and Ross made me cake and supper. I turned 23.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having an amazing person by my side for most of it.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Brown is the new black.
33. What kept you sane? Mr. Roberts.. he was a rock when I needed one, and he's always been there to keep me grounded.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Well of course Angelina, but I did have a brief closet fascination with Paris Hilton.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? The war and the amount of Canadian troops being killed overseas. It's not even our war!
36. Who did you miss? Different people at different times.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Shane. He's good shit. We started talking and just hit it off and it's great to have a new friend. I'll always be indebted to him for remembering to send me flowers on V Day when I knew no one else would.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. When push comes to shove, people only look out for #1. Never expect different.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Well this drama is a bore, And I dont want to play no more"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home