I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

An Update

I know, I know. It's been DAYS since my last update, and it's not that I haven't WANTED to update, but what to write?

I'm extremely disappointed in a certain someone in my life. Obviously, he's not friendship material, and if he hadn't proved it to me (and everyone else) over the past year of ongoing bullshit, he most certainly has now. In any case, the cat's out of the bag, and his comeuppance is on the way. I really hope he finally learns a lesson, and grows up because it's going to be a hard lesson to learn on many levels.

I got bad news that I thought I'd be prepared for, but wasn't. The same day the above erupted my mom called to let me know that my beautiful dog, Reba was laid to rest after 3 years of borrowed time. I've cried a little, but I still haven't allowed myself to mourn like I should. That dog was the bright spot in my life for almost 12 years and I'm happy that she's not in pain anymore and that she was allowed to go with dignity although I miss her more than I can ever express.

Reba, run free, sweet girl.

I'm sure it will hit me soon.

The same morning Reba was laid to rest, one of my long running lead dogs on my dogsled team back home was also put to sleep. Cino had recently come down with acute pancreatitus and acquired malabsorbtion syndrome and the decision was made to allow her to go with dignity, also. Cino was only 6 years old.

This past week has been one of the most difficult of my life, but if my past history is any indication, things will get better soon.

Mr. Roberts is home in a few weeks for my 23rd and everyone here is so much calmer now that the situation is no longer in limbo. It's been a long time coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home