I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

What is this 'motivation' you speak of?

So today I had two job interviews, and for once I actually made it to one of them. Don't get me wrong.. I'm not a slacker, I don't lack drive and I'm not lazy...

It's just that lately.. I don't feel as motivated to do anything work related as I used to. It seems like every day that I go into work I feel like a small part of me is dying. Yet, I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place knowing my holidays are booked off at Christmas, and chances are slim to none that if I get a new job I'll get a week off after working there less than a month. So as I now tell prospective employers.. I'm looking for something sometime in the New Year. I think a definitive idea of when I'm available, and the fact that I'm being proactive about looking for something in a month looks good on my part. Or something.

The interview I hit up today is actually the company Joe used to work at.. yes.. that Joe. His roommate and former coworker Tyler is now the Operations Manager, and while Ty and I have always kept in contact and on good terms, it's still extremely awkward to see him in a professional capacity and office setting, as opposed to coming out of the bathroom in his boxers at 9 on a Saturday morning, grinning because their goddamn walls are paper thin.

Anyway, he was really cool with me being there to interview, I think he got sort of a kick out of it honestly. I could have done without him leaning against the door frame nonchalantly eavesdropping on the interview though. :)

I bombed it, anyway. Not that I really care.. God knows I don't remember sending them my resume, anyway. Although when you're randomly hitting the submit button through teary eyes, pissed because you think your company has been jilting you, stupid things happen.

Little man and I have handling classes tonight. It's basically just an excuse for me to pay $5 to go play with puppies for an hour. I'm still excited.

Anyways.. things to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What I hear, there are no shortage of jobs in Edmonton anyway!

Good Luck with your search

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 at 2:01:00 PM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home