I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Monday, January 04, 2010

New Year, New.. Me?

2009 came and went, and 4 days ago we entered the year 2010 (or "Twenty Ten" for the douchy among us). It doesn't seem like a whole year has passed, and yet, it did -- quickly and chock full of events.

In the past year I felt like I was getting more of a grip on who I am. I've ended relationships that while perfectly fine, felt unfulfilling, because I know I can't sacrifice who I am to be with someone else. I've had the opportunity to be free, to take off for a week on a moment's notice and enjoy being me and being young. I've fallen asleep in the arm's of a lover, and fallen asleep after angry words with a friend. I've met people, lost people, regained bonds formerly broken and written off people who I knew just weren't worth the effort anymore.

Nearing the end of the year I learned more lessons than I did for the other 10 months.

I re-learned that if things look too good to be true, they probably are.

That talk is cheap, and actions do speak louder than words.

That you must ALWAYS trust your instincts first, and your heart second, but to allow your mind to make the final call.

That like, curious little Alice, "I give myself very good advice, But I very seldom follow it", and that is something that should change.

That slow and steady does win the race, because things that go too quickly are always destined to crash and burn.

So while I've already mentioned that two of my new year's resolutions are to dance like there's no one watching and to not put up with toxic people in my life, the third is that I will listen to my instincts and not settle for anything less than what is best for me. And that I'm worth it, and I need to start realizing that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home