I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Monday, June 12, 2006

I've Been Crying

I'm not sure I've ever cried as much as I did this past weekend.

To watch the dog I grew up with, my vibrant, beautiful little girl reduced to what she is pained me more than I can express in words. We went for a walk in the pasture on Saturday. I cried almost the entire time. That was the last time I'll ever get to take a walk with my girl.

I visited Tiara's grave and thanked her for everything she'd done for me: The beautiful puppies she mothered, the wonderful companionship she'd provided, being the best damn lead dog on the dogsled team, her sweet nature. I told her how much she was missed and always would be. The yard feels hollow without the old Gramma walking around keeping everyone on their best manners.

My mom showed me the card from Jayde's funeral service, and we talked about our memories about her. She was intoxicated when it happened, and had a fight with her boyfriend just prior. It might be just another indication that love is hazardous.

We cried about our fight. We cried for a month worth of lost time. We cried because it was therapeutic and the tears came easily.

I'm still crying. And something happened last night that made me cry a whole lot more.

Right now. I'm sick of crying.

1 Comments:

Blogger Quirky Cori said...

oh hon, I'm so glad you were able to talk things out with your mom. I know it's something you guys just had to go through but lets face it - when all is said and done, all we have is our family. I hope this will mean that your crying is over and that you will be able to be that laughable lovable bridgit.

I know what will help - put on a ridiculous pair of heels and prance around the house! Remember those crazy cork ones you had that laced up your legs in jasper? I don't think I ever saw you put those puppies on! Hopefully you still have them - they'll cheer you up for sure!

Big hugs from your big sis,

Corina

Monday, June 12, 2006 at 1:46:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home