I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

3 Days... Oh Dear Lord

Oh Boy Howdy, was that ever fun.

Thank the big guy upstairs for making me think of taking Lincoln to classes tonight, because I've now discovered he's got another stupid idiosyncrasy that we need to work on. Show dogs are examined from every angle, including the inside of the mouth, and he utterly REFUSES to let anyone see his teeth.

Half a block of cheese and some liver snaps did nothing to persuade him that we weren't really trying to kill him, but just to open his mouth a bit, and an hour of that was enough to make want to hide in a closet all show weekend and let someone else make a fool out of themselves with him.

I'll take my dad's puppy instead.. I hear Mom's actually TRAINED her.

I don't think it helped that I pretty much got off the bus after work (had some cashout issues and left later than I had anticipated), and grabbed puppy man for a brisk jog down one of the busiest streets in the area so we wouldn't be late. Hell.. I was tired, and I'm not 6 months old.

After last night's amazing Shepherd's Pie (which is all gone.. I made a dish up for lunch, forgot it this morning, and it was gone by the time I made it home after classes) I've decided to make meatloaf, since that pretty much guarantees me a half decent (ie. NOT PB&J) sandwich for work tomorrow.

I splurged and bought chinese for lunch today, but after 3 bites of burned chow mein and half a spring roll that tasted like fish oil, I threw it out and finished my Orange Pekoe tea as sustenance instead.

I feel like I've had my ass kicked today. 8 hours of standing in heels, an impromptu after-work jog and running a dog around a concrete floor for an hour are 3 things I highly DO NOT recommend in direct succession.

I got another BES done a few weeks back. Got the results today, and I got another 100%. The managers aren't happy that we aren't at a 100% average as a whole, but I'm proud with my performance. I'm not excited to hear what this week brings, though, since I'm not at my happiest and definitely have other things on my mind.

Better check on the meatloaf.

1 Comments:

Blogger Quirky Cori said...

Funny, I splurged on a HOT DOG for lunch - when I haven't eaten out for lunch in probably three months!

Also, James' meatloaf is one of my favourite meals that he makes! I hope yours turned out as good as his!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 at 3:51:00 PM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home