I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Another quick.. err.. Another Rant

Argh.. what a bloody day.

Tam's out on vacation at the moment, so she's left me, the second in command, to just be IN COMMAND. What this means for me is today.. at the end of the month, when it's crunch time and hectic as hell, I get to work 12 hours as a base minimum today (actually turned out to be more like 13 after 'Dear Leske' and I got to sit around trying to find out what caused our $500 overage) and pretend to be completely pumped to put more into this company than I already have this month.

Honestly.. those jerks have completely ripped us off in the past month. Our normally hefty weekly bonuses dwindled to almost nothing when they decided to implement a policy about keeping our past dues at manageable level (I love how the suits get to decide what's manageable) and then our Regional neglected to mention to ANYONE that our expected monthly bonus for last month's blood, sweat and tears was NOT forthcoming. I have to admit I lost a lot of respect for her for that one.

In addition to that utter corporate baloney, they also decided that since we did so fabulously LAST month (keep in mind.. the month we earned NADA from, despite the hard work), they would jack up our potential and targets.. err.. about 6 months in advance. *sigh* Forget growing at a reasonable and and healthy incline.. we gotta skyrocket or guess what? No monthly money next month either.

And to boot.. I'm so psyched (NATCH!) about working all weekend after the day of utter hell I had today, and knowing my gorgeous green-eyed pseudo beau (see here) will be coming for a visit on Monday and my house has morphed into a sty in the week since he was here last. Oh I have more stories about my not-so-average Joe, as well, but I'll get to those when I'm a little more coherent and not relying on Red Bull to keep me upright.

Funniest thing that happened today? The debt that moron-I-used-t- live-with owes to my store has now been partially paid due to the cheque I certified on him today. Booyah! I thought that was sort of mildly humorous, and I can't believe he didn't think far enough ahead to know I would just TAKE the money to clear up his past due account when I know EXACTLY when he gets paid and how much. What a dolt.

Anyway.. I worry that after the Avril concert is over tonight (yes.. he went to Avril.. suddenly he appears even more doltish and I wonder why I ever had sex with him), he'll storm in here wondering why $400 just pulled a disappearing act from his account.

And then I can throw the cat at him and life will appear ok.

Time for Zzzz's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home