I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Friday, January 08, 2010

Pee Your Pants

I'm doing a short list of all the funny books I want to have opportunity to read (or re-read in some instances) over the next few months.

I feel like my life needs more laughter in it, and books by humorists definitely have the ability make you look at your life in a different, laugh-like-you're-stoned light.

Plus it gives me great fodder for further blog entries, because hey, the fact that you walked around all afternoon with a wad of gum stick to your leg is actually pretty hilarious.

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea - Chelsea Handler

Lamb - Christopher Moore

Why Do Men Have Nipples?: Hundreds of Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Martini - Mark Leyner and Billy Goldberg, M.D.

High Fidelity - Nick Hornby

Beauty Tips from Moose Jaw: Travels in Search of Canada - Will Ferguson

Not Tonight, Honey: Wait 'Til I'm a Size 6 - Susan Reinhardt

The Losers' Club: Complete Restored Edition! - Richard Perez

Sand in My Bra and Other Misadventures: Funny Women Write From the Road - Jennifer Leo

The Risks Of Sunbathing Topless: And Other Funny Stories From the Road - Kate Chynoweth

I Was Told There'd Be Cake - Sloane Crosley

Straight Up And Dirty: A Memoir - Stephanie Klein

I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence - Amy Sedaris

Stuff White People Like: A Definitive Guide to the Unique Taste of Millions - Christian Lander

I'm currently reading The End of the Alphabet by C.S. Richardson, and while it does nothing to curb the wanderlust, is an excellent book and highly recommended. So it begs the question -- what are YOU reading? AND since this is just a short list, I'm open to suggestions on what I should look into. Have I mentioned I ♥ Books?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home