I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Give up Your Latte Today

And donate the $5 you would have spent to the Canadian Red Cross for the Haitian relief efforts.

It's so easy that I just did it from my desk at work. Canadians can donate $5 from any Rogers Wireless, Telus or Bell Mobility phone by texting HAITI to shortcode 45678. Donors receive a reply message asking them to confirm the donation with a YES reply. It is automatically added to your next bill with no service charges or added fees, although standard text messaging rates will apply.

Rogers wireless subscribers can also text the word "Help" to 1291 to donate $5 to Haitian relief efforts. One-hundred per cent of the donation will go to Partners in Health: Haiti and other relief organizations.

Americans can make $10 donations to the American Red Cross Society by texting "Haiti" to 90999. That code does not work in Canada.

Full Story Here, Here and Here for all the skeptics out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home