I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Friday, October 09, 2009

Things I Learned Today:

- Salt water taffy contains absolutely ZERO salt water. No kidding.
Recipe here. Why is it called SALT WATER taffy? Because people in Joisey are dumb, obviously. No, I really don't know the answer to that.

- It is approximately 197 steps from my desk to my apartment door. We got pedometers given to us at work for the Workplace Walks challenge the other day, and I have thus far logged a paltry 5,790 steps in that time. Well, according to the pedometer. I hit reset while handing out information yesterday and lost the few thousand steps I'm sure I walked around downtown DC. The best part about this is that my coworkers and I have now discovered a new way to shirk responsibility -- we chat via the Workplace Walks website.

A few things have come about in the past few weeks since my last entry: Both roommates gave me their notice, I found another place to live, started packing possessions, lost 5 pounds, potentially severed a friendship, met some new people, found a place to live in the city, got a part-time job, went on a few great dates, gained 5 pounds back, watched the first snowfall of the year and gave away a bunch of furniture. This month has been crazy already, but after the complete misery of September, it's a nice change of pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home