I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...



Many people who know me know that I am undeniably addicted to pretty smelling things. Even after developing a mild fragrance intolerance, I still live to walk into a place and smell something beautiful, whether it's someone's perfume, hand lotion or candles.

So as follows, here are a few of my favorite 'stink pretties':

LOL Candles

Last Christmas my brother's girlfriend turned me onto a company that I now endorse 110% -- LOLCandles out of Pennsylvania. They specialize in scented wax tarts, and with a scent list of 300+ I know I'll never get a chance to try every one out (although I try my hardest). Since smelling the first LOL tart that Robyn gave us (Cinnamon Buns, which for those who love the smell is WELL worth it), I was in love and have now ordered from them 3 times with no plans to stop. If the owners, Allison & Achilles, were willing to allow me to distribute for them I would in a heartbeat. I have 6 tart burners in my apartment, and am having a hard time paring down to move into just one room this weekend.

My favorite LOL scents are Magnolia & Orange Blossom, Cucumber Lettuce (extremely clean!), Avabathe, and my own creation - Island Plumeria - which won me a LOL gift certificate this spring after being voted third best scent creation.

The shipping gets a little steep, but between me, mom and my roommate, we combine orders and make it worth our while to order from them. Plus they are always so awesome about throwing in some samples and extras.


The Body Shop

I joined the Love Your Body club this summer when I was visiting in Edmonton and it has been fantastic for the amount of Body Shop stuff I get! Not only do I get 10% off all my purchases during that year, I also get $10 worth of free product during my birthday month (ie. this one!), and free gifts after my fourth and eighth purchases. I am utterly ADDICTED to their Satsuma scent, and have owned almost everything in the line at some point. I just ran out of Satsuma body butter, so I ordered some more, plus some of the Moringa which the casual receptionist here uses and always smells glorious with. My roommate loves the Grapefruit line, and admittedly I am pretty into it, too. Warren bought me several things from their Coconut line last year for Christmas, and I've just now run out of the Coconut Milk Body Lotion which was the last thing left. The Milk Body Lotions are fantastically moisturizing and sort of fun to boot.. I love spraying my lotion on!

Other scents I adore:

Fruits and Passion Grapefruit-Guava line: This was my summer scent. After smelling it for the first time in a flower shop while helping a guy friend pick out a bouquet for his mom, I had to buy the body spray and the hand lotion.

Zen Garden Tea and Oranges line: The first time I ever smelled this was working at Rafter's back in the day. We had a whole display of it set up and despite having a paltry $20 to my name to last until payday, I splurged and bought a bottle of the Eau de Parfum. It was heaven.

Lush's Sakura
Line: I started out with the bath bomb years ago and it's a constant repurchase to have for a relaxing bath-time. Now I have the solid perfume for my purse, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home