I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Nights Out

I'm all done moving. Between the help I got from my new roommates and their compadres on Friday night, and the help my momma and little bro gave me Saturday, all of my stuff is either deposited in my new room or upstairs in my parent's attic.

So after 2 long days of hiking up and down stairs with boxes and furniture, I was very ready to have a night to let loose and thankfully people actually had a plan for Saturday -- to go bowling.

I texted a guy I've been seeing and asked him along, and when he got there we all headed to the bowling alley to start our night. After 2 quick games (of which I won both), we got unceremoniously booted out of the bowling alley (not because we were being rowdy or anything fun like that -- but because they were having a private function), and then decided to head elsewhere. Someone had the idea that we should all visit the strip club (because we had two 'peeler virgins' in our midst), but upon arrival we discovered that the club was lacking naked women and instead showing Saturday's UFC fight, we headed to a pub to have a few more drinks.

After a round or two there, we headed back to the strip club just in time to catch the tail end of the first show, so the boy, both roommates and I grabbed seats on perv row and settled in for the next show. The stripper and I made eyes at each other and she tried coaxing me into showing off the goodies, but I was only just drunk enough to be fake flirting with a stripper -- not drunk enough for half of DC's male population to get to know what "Bessie and Bossie" looked like in the buff. Afterwards we pooled our pocket change and had enough money to win her little games and most of us came away with a prize. The boy got a poster. I got a lighter.

And then, in the words of Dane Cook -- I just needed to dance. I just want to stand in a circle around our pocketbooks and shoes and just -- I just want to dance. I just want to dance it out. Not on stage like the boy and a few others suggested, but somewhere. So we headed to what passes for a club in this town, and as per usual, with a few more highballs in me, I turned into the long repressed club kid. I'm pretty certain that from the moment I walked onto the dance floor, I missed only 2 songs, both of which were country tunes.

At some point in the evening, both roommates, the boy and I made it back to the house and fell asleep, and for most of yesterday, I would have been shot through the head in the event of Zombie Apocalypse. By 9 pm I was starting to rejoin the land of the living, and all I can think was "God, what a great night!". Today is Monday, on the other hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home