I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dating Don'ts

Probably the single biggest don't in regards to dating is bringing up or trying to discuss other people you are dating, unless the story you are bringing up is gut-roaringly hilarious or bizarre enough to spark further conversation.

I learned something last night...

Never again will I inform someone I have just met why I want to pursue my Psych degree. Somehow mentioning you want to be a relationship therapist opens the floodgates and you go from being on a really great date to pulling out your proverbial "couch" and patiently listening to someone lament about the OTHER person they are seeing and all the issues and confusion that surround that particular relationship.

Let it be clear -- I am all for playing the field and dating around before settling into a relationship with one single person, but I do not condone asking one date for advice on dating another.

When you have reached that point you can generally use any excuse in the book but even 2 Doubles with dinner does not excuse people from that type of "verbal vomit".

So I am now 3/3 on bad dates/dudes recently and I often wonder why I even bother trying to get to know anyone. Especially since not one of those three are someone I could remotely consider being the special someone I blissfully fall in love with into the happily ever after.

Yeah. I am single and it's about time I just embrace it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home