I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Friday, September 25, 2009

I can't work here anymore..

.. because if I continue to, I will be fat forever.


I started off my day sensibly enough with a breakfast drink and a yogurt, and it's all been downhill from there.


It's late September which means school is in session, and that equals school fundraising. I'm sitting at my desk minding my own business when my coworker comes by with a box.

Chocolate covered almonds.

Or rather -- "Roasted almonds with a HINT of chocolate".

She's quite good at romanticizing.

I resisted for about 3.2 seconds and then bought a box which the Public health nursing clerk and I scarfed down before 10. I left two in the box for the office manager, and then applauded myself for my apparent self control.

At my first coffee break someone left a bundt cake in the staff room with a post-it on it: "Help yourself". I didn't even bother trying to resist. I just had a piece. A small one.

I'm housesitting for my folks this weekend as well as getting a visit from my good friend Rick, and since both he and my brother are of the carnivorous variety and my mom is of the non-grocery-shopping variety, I picked up some meat for them. Since I've also been shunning carbs and know there is not one bread product in my house for Rick to eat the meat on, I picked up some buns, too. It took my entire lunch break to do the running around and shopping, and I scarcely had any time to eat anything, so I wolfed down a bun in the stead of an actual meal.

By 2 I was ravenous. The jujubes and Nibs in the candy dish began to look immensely appealing, so I grabbed a few each and every time I walked by. By 2:30, the new health inspector came by bearing gifts of the chocolate cupcake variety. I guess someone told her we're easier to deal with when we're not starving. I was hesitant but they looked yummy, so I took one.

I covered reception again at 3, which was just in time for the PHN clerk and I to get into a detailed and animated conversation about the differences between food in the UK and Canada.

Great, guess who wants poutine now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home