I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

How's this for fun?

I'm hoping this is the end of my epically bad month. On Tuesday afternoon, I went to the dentist and he cranked out the tooth that was bugging me and it's buddy upstairs. I'm on even better painkillers that I am not allergic to, and I can honestly say I don't care about very much when they're in action. Except my thirst. I'm thirsty just about all the time.

So I was reviewing some old blog entries trying to get a rough timeline on events of 2006 (my blog is so handy for that) when I came across this old entry about birthdays. Since my 26th is 42 days away (yes, I'm counting), I figured it was bordering on timely, and worthy of a repost.

Birthdays are:

1) An inventory of all your "real" friends vs. your "fake" friends. It's funny how a guy you dated 5 years ago sends you a MSN at midnight and says "Is it too early to wish you a Happy Birthday?" while people that enthusiastically claim to 'love me' don't even send me a Good Morning.

2) A status report on your current place in life, and if you've done everything youre supposed to do by such and such age, and then seeing a disturbing amount of checks in the "nope" column.

3) The sad resignation that you have no control over the events of this day in your life, and must meekly nod and smile when everyone assumes they know what you REALLY want to do.

4) The unsettling social commentary that most of your "gifts" are in bottles

Birthdays suck.


I'm betting dollars to donuts that 26 is pretty well the same as 23.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home