I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Canadian Cigarette

I smoked my first Canadian cigarette in almost a week today.

American cigarettes typically taste much stronger, and have a much harsher effect on my throat, so I chose to go with lightest, most filtered cigarette the US can offer:

The Virginia Slim Luxury Ultra Light 120's

That's 120 mm, and around 15 minutes per cigarette in case you've never had the chance to partake. Or you're just naturally sane and think cigarettes are disgusting.

In any case, my Canadian cigarette (John Player's Standard Silver Regular, FYI) is just under half as long as the VS is, and in the time I typically smoke one 120, I smoked 2 JPS and ended up with one heckuva head rush.

I wandered back inside the office after partaking, feeling woozy and dopey and sporting a huge smile on my face. It felt kind of nice.

Our receptionist was on her coffee break and sitting inside the break room with our Tobacco Reduction Coordinator, and after she remarked on my goofy look, I had the poor sense to discuss how much better my Canadian smoke tasted in front of him, because currently tact and knowing my audience is NOT my strong suit.

I feel it's fair to mention that my left bottom wisdom tooth seems to be impacted and I am on some heavy dose painkillers, so writing a blog entry about my smoking habits makes sense to me on some level right now. I'll understand if it doesn't make sense to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home