I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Feeling Blah

I've been feeling very blah and lethargic the past few days. I'm having trouble going to sleep at a regular time, or waking up at one for that matter. The past few days I've been waking up at close to noon and then laying in bed and reading until I'm ready to go back to sleep. I'm currently indulging in Freakonomics, which although enlightening and some terrific food for thought (I'm about a third of the way through after starting it 2 days ago), is obviously not the best material for keeping oneself awake.

I'm puzzled, too, because although I had the brief KD lapse on Saturday after going out, I've been eating loads better: having fruit as a snack and vegetables with all my meals, going completely soy if I must have dairy and almost eliminating all red meat, but still I feel like junk. I guess the next step is to get back on my vitamin regime that I was so gungho about after moving in with Mr. V (and which I let lapse in light of all the arguing).

I also made a commitment with myself to get more exercise. The weather has been crap the past week and a bit, but prior to that I went out for a walk to run errands every morning. Lately though, the only time I leave the house is for my nightly coffee 'date' with K.

So I woke up this morning (to the sound of the S.T.A.R.S. chopper delivering some poor soul to the hospital across the street), pushed myself into the shower (and away from this fascinating book) and decided to walk down to the mall to get some cotton balls and some Naan bread for dinner (Mmm, butter chicken!). It's just nice enough that the walk was comfortable and I wasn't frozen, but still cold enough to put some speed in my step. I feel a little better in light of the exercise, and the Green Tea Latte from Starbucks helped a bit, too. Leave it to me to feel blah when the weather finally starts picking up.

I hate to admit that I feel a little lonesome, and maybe that plays a role. One huge part of me wants to call it all off, back down and just apologize for everything I did wrong, and for everything I didn't (but am accused of), so that I have someone to spend every night with, but I know that's not being true to myself. Nor is it going to make me feel better in the long run.

Our laundry room has been out of commission for 6 days now, so the pile of laundry is adding up in my room, which also gets to me since I hate my room being cluttered and dirty. I keep crossing my fingers and checking the door 2-3 times a day hoping it'll be open so I can busy myself folding laundry.

1 Comments:

Blogger Quirky Cori said...

I'm going to let you in on a little secret - you are not alone on the feeling lethargic. This time change has messed everyone up. Nearly everyone I talk to isn't able to go to bed when they should be - and are having an impossible time getting up in the morning. EVEN ME! I'm going to try and sleep tonight, but we'll see if that actually happens!

Good luck with your regimen. It sounds like a great idea.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at 7:31:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home