I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Catsup/Ketchup/Catch Up

I know I have the worst habit of forgetting to update my blog for months and months at a time, but honestly most of the time it stems down to two really simple reasons:

a) Nothing of consequence or note is happening in my life

OR

b) It's drama central and I just can't really talk about it for fear of creating even MORE drama

In this case, it's falling squarely under the umbrella of the "B" definition, but honestly.. I just don't give a shit anymore.

I'm really tired of having to pretend like everything is A-Ok or that none of this complete and utter KaKa is getting to me, but it is. It really is.

I'm not going to go into the mundane, boring details, but suffice it to say that I've done absolutely nothing wrong or out of the ordinary, but the small minded people who are viewing me through this small town fishbowl seem bent on demonizing me or roasting me at the proverbial stake.

I don't know that I've ever been the target of a witch-hunt -- I suppose not if a memory doesn't immediately spring to mind -- but evidently I am right now. And it sucks.

So I did what I had to do. I dumped him, kids. He's all yours now.

Have a shiny happy life together. Leave me the hell alone. Me and my life are of no concern to you any longer.

And just to clarify -- it wasn't me that dragged it on for the past several weeks. You talk to him about that. Perhaps he'll even tell you the truth. Probably not, though.

As for me, I snagged a great apartment with a cool roommate, and the cat and spend each and every glorious night smiling at each other before drifting off to sleep in 'the bed that hugs back'.

I'm stumbling through the admissions process through Thompson Rivers, so that I can get my degree on the go now that I have a stable place to live.

Life is going pretty well.

Granted, Kristy and I have made 'going for coffee' our single biggest hobby and all that caffeine consumption probably isn't the BEST way to be treating 'the temple', but I am enjoying my life right now aside from the pettiness which will hopefully just disappear.

I'm almost completely caught up on Lost, and must make that completely caught up by tonight when it plays at it's usual time.

Things between mom and I are less strained now. She just found out she lost her contract and it's been tough on her, so I think with both of us having a lot on our plates right now, we don't even have a chance to snipe at each other which makes for semi peaceful coexistence.

Aside from all that, it's really the same old. Somedays I kick myself for staying here, and wonder how many pizza places one town needs, but for the most part, I think staying here is going to mean I'm more focused and have less chances of distraction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home