I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Last Night in Ios

I hate that I'm leaving Ios today.

I love that my last night was so beautiful and so memorable that I'll never forget it.

I adore the fact that my best night in Ios thus far was spent almost stone cold sober.

It started out pretty lame, since I was sleeping from 8 until 3, but when Gavin (the Cali wine major, remember?) came stumbling in at 3 and admonished me for not going out, I went.

I decided to hit the Coo Club, where I was the night before with Kiki the Aussie and Cal the horny New Yorker, grabbed a drink and scoped the place out.

I recognized NO ONE, so I grooved by myself for a bit until a cute Iranian/Austrian (I know, bizarre mix, right? He was beautiful, trust me, and best accent ever!) that I had met and briefly danced with the night before came in.

We hugged and then almost immediately started dancing with one another.

For like 3 hours.

It was great.

I had a few more drinks, but since my cash stopped at 20 Euros, 3 was my limit, and so we grabbed a few waters and checked out another club where we danced for another 1/2 hour.

He was almost completely sober, too, but he didn't have the benefit of a few hours of sleep like I did, so I drove his quad up to the top of the island where we checked out the sunrise from an old marble amphitheatre.

The sunrises on the Cyclades islands are beautiful. Actually, beautiful isn't even the word. I see God every morning in the sunrises here. And the sunsets to be honest.

It was utterly the most romantic, most beautiful night/morning I've had so far on this trip, and today I leave my beautiful man and my beautiful island with only my beautiful memories.

Onto Naxos. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home