I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Catching Happiness

I know I've been doing a lot of complaining about the heat and the like a lot, and I don't want anyone to get the impression that I'm unhappy or ungrateful for this opportunity, because this is probably the happiest I've ever been in my life.

Last night my roommate from Argentina and I went out clubbing and met up with a friendly group of Italians who are working in Sevilla for the summer. We all went to a quiet lounge in the middle of a park that has beds instead of seats, and I was thinking to myself that it was harder for me to remember a time I felt more at peace with myself than on this trip.

I've been having a lot of really zen moments lately. Today I was sitting on a park bench overlooking the River Guadalquivir and I had the intense moment of clarity about something that has been bothering me lately. Suffice it to say that I feel a lot better about everything and everyone in my life now.

Tonight the Italians are taking us to a flamenco show, so I plan to do some sightseeing (with the aid of Red Bull.. we didn't get back to the hostel until late) and then have a nap for the latter half of the afternoon.

I do love this city. Sevilla is probably the prettiest, easiest, most peaceful city I've ever been to in my life. I could definitely live here, and the heat I assume I would grow accustomed to.

So yeah, happiness can be caught - I just had to chase it to Andalucía.

2 Comments:

Blogger Triss Teh said...

O.H.M.

Ordering
Homogenous
Meanderings

Should I explain myself? Hmm, yes I should. So randomly calculated button clicking has set my cursor here, and I will say that your syntax and diction are positioned in such a way that makes for non-invasive reading: pleasant, non-angsty, key strung. It also imbibes a read on type of yearning. I want to read more, but gravity tugs on my wrists, insists that I go to sleep, let my subconcious break free of realities moorings, like a red balloon...

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 11:35:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Quirky Cori said...

Travelling is a good thing and I'm so glad that you are enjoying yourself! At some point, I will make it to Europe and I will soak up the history and the beauty of it all.

Wish I were with you little sister.

Wish I were there.

Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 6:31:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home