I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

One Night in Paris

*Edit - Had to change the name.. was so tired that I didn't even think to make the obvious joke*

Against my better judgement, I stayed in Paris last night. Turns out there were no trains to Irun, Spain yesterday, so I had to. Booked a cute hostel for the night and set off sightseeing.

First off, Paris is nothing like London. London is a little more compact and straightforward. I walked from the train station to the Eiffel Tower, but beyond that, I needed the services of a tour bus.

I played the tacky tourist bit all afternoon, snapping pictures and speaking in really bad Franglais for the most part. I did make a really passable effort at speaking only french at the post office, and since he smiled and stuck an International stamp on the postcard I assume he understood.

You CAN get lost in Paris. I wandered the streets for over 4 hours yesterday looking for the Montparnasse train station again. It's a good thing my bags were there in a storage locker and not on my back, or I wouldn't have made it.

Got back to the hostel late, showered and went out for a drink and a late supper with Santiago, my roommate from Mexico.

When we got back, Napoleon from St. Louis (although he lives in New York/Jersey) and Joshua from Kentucky were there. Napoleon scared the crap out of me when he greeted me in French, and I started to get worried that I'd be forced to speak French my entire stay here. I even got the cold sweats I used to get in Grade 11 French class when Monsieur Bobby would glare at me and growl, "En Francais, Mademoiselle!".

Margherita from Milan showed up a little later, and I felt a little better with the 3 testosterone to 2 estrogen ratio.

Anyway, we stayed up much too late, and I'm sleepy today but I'm going to go visit Sacre Couer this morning and then I take the train out at 2 this afternoon.

I'll update from Spain. Au Revoir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home