I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

I Heart London

Even if it is trying to smother me with it's sticky humidity. I thought Hamilton, Ontario was bad.

My flight went by fairly quickly, although my seatback TV went on the fritz and made it difficult to sleep when it kept turning on and off by itself. One of the flight attendants threw my blanket over it, and that helped, but then I was sans blanket, so I still wasn't happy.

I made it though, and made it downtown and to Victoria Station with absolutely no assistance from anyone (well I suppose I did ask the Canadian girl and her Brit boyfriend I met on the Gatwick Express if I was on the right train, if that counts). I was feeling pretty proud of myself until I stood on platform 2 waiting for a train to King's Cross St Pancras for almost an hour. Little did I realize that that line is another floor down in the tube system at platform 3. Note to self and others.. ask if in doubt. Don't stand and sweat lugging your massively heavy bag around praying that it's going to show shortly.. especially in London's Underground, where it's just as hot as the street and lacks the cool breeze of the outdoors.

It's a gorgeous city though. I ended up walking by Buckingham just for kicks, and because I really just wanted to stand on a London street corner already, and it is absolutely full of tourists. I also discovered that the Korean and Japanese tourists love to stop and create 'photojams' just as much here as they do in Jasper and West Edmonton Mall. Somethings will never change.

I haven't decided if I'm going to move onto France and then Spain tomorrow, or stay on another night in London. I suppose it depends on what I see and do tonight. Better get at it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home