I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Days 2 and 3

I had a really good day yesterday. I slept in until Xaskaa decided to sing along with Jayson's ringing phone. The phone was for me, though, so I guess it's fair enough that it woke me.

Spent the afternoon playing with the puppy, and meeting what felt like every person in Jayson's neighbourhood. Playful Belgian Malinois puppy figures everyone is his friend, and with a partially fenced yard, it's either going to go that direction or completely the opposite. Oh well, socialization is a good thing.

Met up with Ali for drinks at the new Hudson's in West Ed and had a great time catching up. We've decided to make yoga, salsa and kickboxing dates if I decide to come back to E-town for school. I'm still not sure if I'm more psyched about my trip or jealous because he's going to stay at his uncle's penthouse apartment ACROSS THE NILE from his uncle's brand new luxury hotel in Cairo. Hmmm. We'll compare notes when I get back.

Shane and I met up at his place and headed to the Capital Ex, where we wandered into the massive amounts of oncoming foot traffic. He never fails to strike a nerve and I guilted him into doing rides with me for bringing up sensitive topics. I still wish he's left certain topics alone, but I'm happy I got to go on the tilt-a-whirl -- twice. We did the bumper cars once. I think he felt a little out of his league standing in line with a bunch of kids and parents, not realizing he's standing with the epitome of 'child at heart'. I won Hamish a stuffed penguin and Xaskaa a stuffed cheetah (that he adores). Had a few beers at the beer garden, watched Sam Roberts play (good show!), laughed at the crazy drunk chick the police dragged out (twice) and admired the fireworks display.

I made it back to Jayson's shortly after one, and Garner Andrews on Sonic woke me up this morning touting his unique gift. Have any other Sonic listeners been awake at quarter after 7 in the morning to hear this the past few days?

This morning I heard with my very own ears that Garner Andrews can indeed tell exactly what brand of cigarettes you smoke just by hearing your smoker's cough. Either that or he's weeding out all the calls where he gets the brand wrong, like I theorized last night when Shane first brought it up.

I'm having a lazy afternoon with Xaskaa today, and then we might go for a short walk before I meet up with E and Noelle for dinner tonight.

I can't believe I'm flying out tomorrow!

On a funny sidenote, I heard the song 'Tom Cruise Crazy' by Jonathan Coulter last night, and I'm still smiling about it. Check out this fan video, also smile-worthy.

I'll start posting pictures when I can. I've never toyed with a Linux computer before and I'm having trouble figuring out how to upload pictures from my camera to put on here and Flickr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home