I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bridgit's Quarter Life Crisis Trip, Day 1: Edmonton

I got in at the ungodly hour of 5 this morning, and wandered bleary eyed over to my friend Shane's to catch a few winks before he headed off to work. Alas, I'm still not entirely used to be cellphone-less, and Telus STILL hasn't fixed any of the GD payphones along Jasper Avenue, I literally had to backtrack 5 blocks just to find a working phone to alert him to my arrival.

Had a short mumbly half asleep conversation with him, gave Hamish a dog toy and then they headed off to sleep for the remaining hour and a half Shane had before leaving to work, and I layed down with a book and procrastinated about repacking my pack.

I eventually got around to it, decided I STILL have too much crap and pulled out a wack of stuff I'm going to mail home tonight or tomorrow morning.

Shane left, and just as he and I were walking out the door, the skies opened and it started pouring. I don't normally mind the rain, but since I forgot my nice waterproof Goretex jacket at his place, and was just wearing a fleece pullover, I felt like a drowned rat and raced for Commerce Place.

I had an hour and a bit to blow before the bank opened, so I grabbed a tea and sat and watched the news in the food court of City Centre Mall for a bit.

Made it to the bank, and disappointingly, Amie-Lynn and Naomi are BOTH on holidays, but luckily Mariafe was still working commercial and she gave me the staff discount on the Pounds and Euros I was buying. Good stuff, that probably saved me a buck or two, even if I haven't been a CIBC employee in over a year.

Apparently it was 'Hot-guy-walking-his-dog-on-Jasper-Ave' day today. I passed at least 6 before lunch. Although that could just be my hormones, too. Funnily enough I don't remember even one hot guy walking his dog while I worked downtown, but now they're out in droves. Bizarre.

I've been contemplating going to the Valley Zoo today, since in the 4 years I lived here I never went, but I've decided to hold off for another day since today has been chock full of goodness already.

I even went to the psychic this afternoon for fun. Well, not necessarily fun since they always tend to strike a nerve with me about one thing that I'm feeling particularly sensitive about. In this case, it's skin cancer, and the fact that my mom has already had her bout with it, a close friend just had a scare and according to the psychic, I will, too. I'm not sure if I'm more sad about the fact that apparently I'm going to have to deal with cancer at a fairly young age (around 35) or the fact that I shouldn't be worshipping the sun like I have in year's past. Fucking ozone. Mr. Sun and I were having a ripe old time until you developed all your dramatic "I'm getting thin and hole-y" crap.

Other than that, my life seems positive according to the cards. Whether you believe that or not is up to you, but I'm choosing to believe it, because right now I need something to believe in.

Highlights of my readings include:
-An impending love, uhh, rectangle this year in which I have to choose between 3 guys -- a Cancer (with baggage, a divorce and a kid), a Taurus (with issues of their own that they'll need time to figure out, but who is a 'soul mate') and an affluent Aries who is fun, fun, fun but not my best match. Evidently I will choose one of these men and start a long term relationship this fall or winter, likely November.
-I'm to expect to outlive my first husband, but I will remarry
-Success in investments, and a comfortable lifestyle later in life
-Bouts of arthritis and possibly osteoporosis, unless I take better care of my joint health
-A year of change, success and happiness, as this year marks a sort of completion for me, and the next phase of my life is now beginning

Most importantly though, aside from all the predictions, she told me something that I've always thought myself, but always pushed aside for fear of winding up alone:

It's ok to be picky. It's ok to have a set of criteria that you want love matches to adhere to. It's ok to keep looking for something better and to push those limits. It's not ok to settle.

I guess I needed that.

Other than that, I wandered to MEC to pick up a cable lock for my pack, and I'm off to Jayson's to go let little Xaskaa out for a potty break. Just call me the Fairy Dog-mother.

I might check the Capital Ex out tomorrow if the weather is cooperative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home