I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Bonjour

Guess where I am?

I'll give you 2 hints.. I'm not confused when crossing streets, but am EXTREMELY confused with this keyboard. Why is the A key above the Q? Why do I have to press the Shift key to type a number? How many accents and punctuation points does one language need?

Anyway, Bienvenue à Paris, where very little makes sense.

I have to make this short since I still need to find the Montparnasse Train station, and typing takes forever when I have to retrain my fingers where to go. There goes my 90 WPM.

I've seen very little of Paris so far, but for the day I hope to see more, and I'm already starting to realize that my high school French is not going to get me very far, although I've already broke it out several times (Où peut-on acheter le billet de metro?). I'm sure by the end of the day Parisians will hate non-Francophone Canadians and you all have me to thank for it.

The chunnel train was actually sort of boring, and I can't say I recommend it. You aren't even aware that you were under the channel at all until you come up in Calais and start seeing french signs everywhere.

Should probably find that train station now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home