I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Friday, June 20, 2008

The Ultimate in Compliments (OR Shotgun Wedding, anyone?)

It was an extremely busy day around here. We’re in the midst of renovating and building and getting on each other’s last nerves. It’s been a tense, tiring and beer filled week, and I was a little pissed off when I got relegated to hanging out in the kitchen all afternoon to prep dinner instead of taking the afternoon off to go kayaking like I’d planned. Nevertheless, I took to my kitchen wench duties with gusto, even making diabetic dad a sugar-free carrot cake for his belated father’s day party tomorrow.

After all the veggies were grilled, the meat was cooked, a bottle of wine was consumed and I’d managed to get 2 parents, 1 brother, 1 cousin, the farmer from down the road, and his kid, to the table to eat, I got the ultimate redneck compliment:

The farmer turned to me before he took his first bite and said, “Well, you’ll sure make some man a good wife someday.”

And that, my friends, is what all good little redneck children are raised for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home