I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Hooray for Days Off


I got to work tonight to discover a parking lot full of vehicles. For most people this would be the normal course of events, but for me, it only indicates that something is up since at 8 pm the only vehicle that should ever be in the parking lot is the night security guard.

Sure enough, something was up.

Evidently a baggie of cocaine was discovered somewhere on site today, and they were busy putting all the remaining staff members through their drug tests to find the culprit (I assume). I say remaining because I've been informed that somewhere between 30 and 60 employees walked off the job today, either due to frustration or to the fear of not passing the test. Since I am located in Northern BC, I'm willing to bet money that it's the latter.

The results are in tomorrow, and until they're in, and things get figured out, the job has been postponed until at least Monday. I'm very happy to have the day off tomorrow, but less than enthusiastic about the prospect that with half their workforce absent this job could run a lot longer than the next 9 days like previously planned.

Not that I mind the money, but oddly enough, I like sleeping in and not being sore, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home