I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Life Updated

I know, I know. I'm a slack ass, and I should really update my blog more often than once every 2 months.

The best news is that I'm still smoke free. That marks 73 days now. I am a little proud to be over the 2 month marker, and hoping that month #3 will be just as easy.

I moved away from Edmonton just over a month ago now. I'm back in my hometown and although there are a lot of changes to get used to, I find I'm acclimatizing well and enjoying the peace and quiet.

Not the dial-up internet though. It's just painful.

I'm working for mom's company. It's hard physical work, but it gives me a lot of time to think and sufficiently tires me out so I sleep well.

The money is a nice bonus, too. I'm trying to save every bit I can for the trip.

Speaking of which, I finally settled on backpacking through Europe. I thought Mexico would be better suited as a trip with friends, rather than solo, especially in light of the recent string of tragedies befalling Canadians vacationing in Mexico.

I've decided I'm going to fly to the UK and land in London and from there take a train or bus to Dover, where I will catch the train through the Chunnel and across to France. From there I haven't decided where I'm going to begin, but with a 3 month Eurail pass and a few thousand on the Mastercard, the sky is pretty much the limit.

I know Italy, Spain and Greece are definitely on the list, but the joy of travelling by yourself is that you can make it up as you go, and you won't be disappointing anyone, so I plan to take full advantage of the time I have there.

I'm budgeting 2 months there, but a lot will depend on exactly how much money I have, and a few other small factors.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but since I've been so reclusive the past month, I thought I should probably post a quick update.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey you, contact me i have some friends in europe that would be happy to show you the ropes in their cities. One is in Ireland, another in switzerland and another in Germany. glad to hear everythign is going well

Friday, April 11, 2008 at 12:01:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh and it's me Kristina :)

Friday, April 11, 2008 at 12:01:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger breepeace said...

*LOL* Thanks for the offer, but I won't be going to any of those countries. I'll be landing at London Heathrow, taking the Eurostar across to France, and then Spain, Portugal, Italy, Monaco and Greece.

Wayne may be going to Ireland this summer, though.

Saturday, June 7, 2008 at 1:29:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home