I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What's Up Lately

I can't post in a ton of detail since I'm currently baking white chocolate chip cookies in Wayne's new condo's kitchen. :)

Obviously, piece of news number one is that Wayne moved into his new condo in St Albert on the 19th of this month. It's quite nice, although as he was either the first or second person to move into the building so there's still not much done aside from the interior of his condo itself.

I took a sick day today and hung out here with him while he waited for the guys to come fix up the fireplace, the internet to get hooked up and the last cupboard door to get hung.

Onto #2. I quit my job at the bank. Friday is, in fact, my last day at the bank. This week has entailed a lot of tying up of loose ends but it's not over yet, so I've been stressed but quite excited about my new job.

As for that -- my new job is at Edmonton Cellular, a retail sales outlet for Telus mobility products. I looked for something strictly admin with almost no customer interaction, since my year at the bank has taught me one very valuable lesson about myself -- I think pretty much everyone but those that I care about is incredibly dumb, and I am NOT a people person.

Well, I looked half heartedly a month or so ago for jobs that listed a salary considerably more than what I make currently and that were mainly administrative, and got a call from a staffing agency a little while later.

They sent me some Excel, Word and Data Entry tests to see whether or not I was proficient in those programs, I took them and I didn't get a call back. All though Christmas, I licked my wounds and worried that I'd completely bombed the tests.

So imagine my surprise when the middle of this month I get a call back for a job that the staffing agency had on the line. I was told the job was 'perfect for me' and that they didn't get back to contacting me because there wasn't anything that was a very good fit for my qualifications and requirements.

Anyway, I interviewed with the agency and within 20 minutes she was so excited about what a great fit the job and I were for each other that she asked the earliest I could meet with the people at the company to talk to them about it. 2 mornings later, Wayne dropped me off at the company, wished me well and 20 minutes later I had a new job.

So it's strictly administrative, I work in a back office with about 7 other ladies, the only customer interaction is a few minutes every few days to cover reception and it's about twice more a month than what I make now.

My God. What's not to be excited about?

Other than that, there are things that change from day to day, so they don't really need to be mentioned but I'm well enough, still intact with all my body parts and I'm still with my incredible (and sexy) Mr Roberts.

Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Quirky Cori said...

This just proves that this is the season of change. Man... I'm thinking of leaving my job too. Not because of money, but that'd be nice, but because it's balls. Sorry, James has been using the balls term for awhile and I think it's best when talking about work.

I envy both you and Mr Roberts with all your new adventures!

Thursday, February 1, 2007 at 7:09:00 PM PST

 
Blogger DTD Time Traveler said...

Wow, good job Bridgit. Congrats on the new job.

Sunday, February 4, 2007 at 11:12:00 PM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home