I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Friday, January 05, 2007

The Brevity of Time

I've been a little out of it lately.

There have been a ton of things on my mind as of late and I'm having a hard time organizing.

Mr. Roberts has me excited about the idea of starting a copy-editing company, and it's nice to have a starting point, even if I'm a little fearful -- as most people starting their own businesses usually are.

What if it fails? What if I fail to secure a client base? What if the business model I have semi-worked out is flawed? Should I take Journalism courses to update my AP style?

I'm making myself mini-notes all the time now. Resources I need to check out, people I ought to talk to, courses I should take.

Somedays it feels like the day will never end, but time keeps on ticking by faster than I could imagine.

I think maybe this is what my high school guidance counsellor meant when he said applying oneself was so important. I really need to focus. And get on this.

But now I think I'm rambling.

2 Comments:

Blogger Quirky Cori said...

Oh little sister, being in Canada you are looking at your CP style, not the AP style. You can easily pick up little hand books and such.

I would suggest checking out the bookstore of a local college or university to see if they have anything available. Otherwise, you can always try to google it or something.

Stay focused, be determined to succeed and you will do well!

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 11:06:00 AM PST

 
Blogger breepeace said...

Evidently Sun Media uses the Associate's Press style and not the CP style to make it more readable to it's evidently 'diverse' audience. :)
I think it best that I know the little Canadian quirks to writing (colours vs. colors) and study the de facto standard since a Canadian publisher could easily be publishing American literature and the like.

I've got an old AP stylebook on my bookshelf but it's either the late 80's or early 90's edition, and I think I'd like to be a little more to date than that. :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence, though! :)

Friday, January 5, 2007 at 4:47:00 PM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home