I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Ugh.. Hospitals

I hate hospitals. With a passion.

Just walking into the sterility, watching people walking slowly around pulling their IVs scares the hell out of me.

People are so damn breakable.

And going to visit Mr. Roberts tonight, watching him being one of those people, seeing his brilliant blue eyes a hazy grey color with needles in him scared me even worse, because let's face it -- He's my Superman. My Superman is not supposed to be in the damn hospital on a stretcher with an IV.

The good news is the surgery went off without a hitch. Jeanette and Marc picked me up for a visit tonight and we got there just as he woke up from anesthetic. He was in pretty good spirits considering, but I still hate seeing him like that.

I brought him some bright daisies because I figured it might be the brightest thing he'll see during his stay there.

I miss him, though, and I hope he's out soon, because I need my Superman here. Not there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ross Van Volkingburgh said...

were the hell am i on your list my darling DEAR.
im going to cry now...................

Wednesday, December 6, 2006 at 2:32:00 PM PST

 
Blogger DTD Time Traveler said...

Hey...I work at a hospital. I have since April and I will till April. I don't often go near the operating room though, so it's ok.

Wednesday, December 6, 2006 at 4:31:00 PM PST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home