I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

What Christmas Means to me

It's less than a month until Christmas and I have one full gift bought.

Christmas. It's a holiday I both revere and despise.

Last year Mr. Roberts and I rented a car and drove back to Dawson Creek to visit our families. In August, his folks sold their place and bought a new one down in Kamloops. So this year, he heads south for the holidays while I head North and I imagine our holiday greetings will be on the phone or via email.

On a mildly related note, I find it sort of humorous that my little brother will be heading North to Dawson Creek from Kamloops, while his 2 little brothers head South to Kamloops from Dawson Creek for the holidays. But enough of the tangents..

The point is that last year I enjoyed myself so much having the ability to travel with him home to see our families, and this year, I'm sure he'll be heading off a few days before me in the opposite direction. Don't get me wrong, I'm brilliantly excited to see my family for Christmas, but something will just seem lacking because he won't actually be there or even near there. I'm not even sure why it upsets me so much, because obviously we'd both want to be with our families for Christmas, and it's not like I woke up last year on Christmas morning beside him (not that it really mattered, as the LAST time I got to wake up beside a S.O. on Christmas it wasn't a super happy time either) or anything but it was comforting to know that if I really had wanted to see him, it was only a matter of a short drive to town.

So I guess this is sort of a roundabout way of saying that I'm going to miss him over the holidays and that if he were underneath my tree on Christmas morning, it'd be the only package I'd be excited to open.. BUT.. in the interests of staying PG and not drifting off into fantasy world, I'll hop to another topic.

New Years. Does anyone have any interesting ideas of what to do for New Years? Every year since I've become legal I either, a) worked, b) hung out with family or friends at home or c) had a house party on New Year's Eve. This year I'd like to go out, put on my dancing shoes and go someplace fun. So if anyone has any interesting ideas of what to do in the Edmonton area on New Year's Eve, PLEASE, let me know now.

For everyone else.. I'll bet you're all dreading Monday as much as I am. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home