I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Oooooh, Taboo!

Mr. Roberts and I met up with Shane and Jess at the Taboo Sex Show yesterday. Blew about 6 hours and a little too much money wandering around checking out the exhibits and buying a few additions to our collection.

I've decided I'm really into the concept of pole dancing, and I really want to take a class. In case anyone's interested, the girls at Aradia fitness here in Edmonton put on an awesome show and I definitely think I'll be taking my class through them. They have locations in a few other North American cities, as well, so it might be worthwhile for people to look into it.

I think the idea appeals to so many sides. I'm pretty adamantly opposed to most exercise, but if workouts are fun (ie. swimming, dancing, etc) I'm very gung-ho. This looks like fun. And imagine showing your S.O. what you learned at your class that night?

Needless to say, Mr. Roberts has no qualms about volunteering to pay for said classes.

We spent a bit of time at the Main Stage taking in the shows (stripping demos, burlesque, etc) and in between every demonstration the presenter called 3 people up on stage for a contest for prizes.

Jess went up for the 3 second fake orgasm competition and (I thought, at least) blew the competition away. The conservative looking girl actually won the competition, and the fat dude -- well, suffice it to say he thought rubbing his belly might make people more likely to vote for him. Surprisingly, that backfired.

A good way to spend a Saturday, though.

On a sidenote, Friday, we attended Shane's band's concert at a Junior High in the Southside and it made Mr. Roberts want to break out his sax and made me want to actually take up a hobby to fill my boring weeknights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home