I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

New Life


I know I haven't mentioned it, but for the past few days my mom has been waiting on bated breath for the arrival of 2 litters of puppies. Java (the red) and Lacey (the grey) were both bred to the same stud, a male that my mom absolutely adores.

The night before last they started coming. Lacey, who was bred second, went first and had a litter of 5.

Java started whelping at the same time Lacey was pushing out her final puppy, at about 12:15 am yesterday morning.

By 7, she had only had one more, so mom and dad loaded her and the babies into the van and rushed them all into the vet. They did an emergency c-section on her, spayed her at the same time and all told Java had 10 puppies - 9 live.

So Christmas this year means I get to go home and play with 14 gorgeous little balls of Siberian fluff and really be tempted NOT to bring one home, a la Lincoln.

It's going to be especially hard for me, because today would have been my girl Reba's 12 birthday (which is hard enough in itself), and these puppies being born 2 days before represent to me new life after losing her last month.

Mom wants to keep one from each litter, and I told her chances are great we'll get 2 puppies with personalities similar to Reba's. She responds with, 'Uh oh', but I think it's great. I really miss her.


Java's Puppies





Lacey's Puppies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home