I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Random Observations

This morning I'm standing on the bus. It's quarter after 8 and it's jam packed of teenage kids refusing to give up their seats for even the most frail of the elderly.

People are sliding, spinning and bumping into one another and it's generally just another morning that I hate mass transit.

I look down at this girl sitting in a seat. Pretty nondescript. Black hair cut into a shaggy sort of bob, a little overweight, really bitten nails. Your typical teenage girl today.

This typical teen has an army green messenger bag with her and her friend's nexopia addresses plastered on it (like that doesn't already get to me.. we didn't advertise our email addresses 10 years ago with the advent of the accessible internet, did we??). Monikers like ~Goth-Baby~, VampiraPrincess and *Emo*Gurl* seem to be popular choices among her peers. Aside from that she has the words Goth and Emo written all over the bag.

And it hits me. Back when I was young, which granted was only a few years ago, you weren't emo -- you were just depressed. And to boot, we strived to defy definition. To be individual, unique, stand out from the crowd.

Of course we ended up looking like every other teenager trying to stand out that the vast majority of us just fit in, but we did try, didn't we?

So what is up with kids today and their constant need for definition? They don't want to realize that what they are is just another angsty teenager, but instead are screaming out for someone to DEFINE them.

As for the girl on the bus? Her definition is angst ridden, mixed up teenager. Emo, Goth or whatever she fancies herself, she is not.

And people smell a lot worse when it rains. It's like a damp mixed with a little unwashed and a whole lotta sweat. I'll admit it.

Even I smelled a little.

And Zellers is truly the store I hate the most. If there was ever a candidate for store that should just close it's doors for good, it's Zellers. They don't even have fantastic sales a la Wally's World. And their Loss Prevention Officers drive me mad.

I'm not walking around the DVDs waiting for the coast to be clear enough to shove something into my bag, I'm trying to figure out why your entire selection seems to be 5 years old. Note -- Seabiscuit was released in 2003, therefore is not a 'new selection' anymore.

I'm not ranting though, really. I have tacos almost 100% percent prepared for supper.

Some things just really grind my gears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home