I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Friday, October 27, 2006

New Toys!

I got home from catching 'Flicka' at the Clareview theatre with my coworker, Amie-Lynn tonight and checked my mail. Parcel from home, and being that it's now 2 days till my birthday, I know this entails a present.

My baby bro got me a cordless desktop set to replace my mismatched mouse and keyboard, and I'm thrilled. I had to disassemble my whole desk area to take Corey's AirPort out of the network and to plug my modem directly into my computer anyway, so I cleaned it up a bit, pulled out a few superfluous cables and plugged the receiver into the back of my PC. Now I can stand in the kitchen, stir my soup and continue on my random train of thought -- much as I'm doing right-this-minute. The keys are a lot closer together than my last one, so I guess I'll leave it up to my brain to relearn keyboarding on a vastly different keyboard.

Mr. Roberts is just happy that I'll have a mouse with a scroll wheel again. And it's optical.. so no bloody trackwheels to clean like on the old style ball mouses.

Joy.

And he's home tomorrow. I have a lot of things to be happy about right now.

Oh. I cried for the last 20 minutes of 'Flicka'. Just so you know.

'My Friend Flicka' was one of my favorite books growing up, though.. so no big surprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home