I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Dental Work and others

My dentist must really think I'm odd. In the past 2 weeks, I've seen him 3 times with another appointment booked in early November.

So this morning, bright and early at 7 am, I went in to get some cavities filled. Not the smartest idea in light of the fact that I have to be at work at 10, but I figure I can finally use a sick day and have a fairly valid excuse. After all, it's awfully hard to smile and greet people when I look like Two-Face from Batman, except droolier.

Aside from my strong gag reflexes, it all went pretty uneventfully. I was in and out in under an hour and pretty much just willed myself to nod off while they did the work.

I didn't succeed because he kept prodding me asking if I was still doing ok. If half my face weren't frozen and I wasn't in such a compromising position, I'd probably smack him and tell him to lay off, even if he is rather on the pretty side.

But the upper right hand side of my mouth is all fixed, which relieves me.

Of course the freezing was still in full effect, and didn't seem to be dissapating in the least, so I called work and told them I'd be in at one. It was sort of nice to have a reduced day. Even if I didn't get to sleep in.

In other news we've found another roommate.

I know a few of you have already let your curiousity get the best of you when it comes to my very vague post of a few days ago, but for the few that haven't, it was obviously Corey.

And I know that many have you have insisted that this was a long time coming, and applauded the decision, but I'd like to say, just for the record, that I did have hope and faith that he'd finally do the honorable thing, clear up his debts and his life, but sadly, it was to no avail.

Everyone here is really happy with the decision.. it had put a lot of pressure on me, which in turn put a lot of pressure on everyone else, and quite frankly, we all have enough on our plates to deal with that we didn't need something that could be so easily controlled and disposed of.

Just a rule of thumb in case any of you have a similar problem.. if you wouldn't let your family get away with it, then you should know better than to let your friends get away with it.

T minus 12 days till Mr. Roberts is home. I'll never be happier to see him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home