I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Zzzzzz


It's done.

And... ILOVEITILOVEITILOVEIT.

I wish I had some Before pictures to show everyone the transformation but the one other person who spends the most time in my room besides me should appreciate how much it has changed.

My camera is pretty much dead and useless so these pictures are (sadly) as good as it gets, and yes, my bed is not made yet but you get the gist of it. There is color on my walls, curtains surrounding my bed and I am beyond wiped.

The feature wall still isn't done, but it's a dark brown and therefore should have my full attention when I'm not so tired. It's my plan for next Saturday.

And Trading Spaces, eat your heart out, the following is a rundown of how much I spent to redo my room this weekend:

$2.12 - 6 Stick-on Vinyl Tiles to finish the spot at my door where the dog ripped up the carpet from the Dollar Store
$8.48 - Painting Supplies (Brushes, Tray, Edgers, Drop Cloths) from the Dollar Store
$48.36 - 3 cans of chocolate brown spray paint (for the ugly furniture), 3 rolls of painter's tape, flathead screwdriver (mine's missing) and a few random household things from Home Hardware
$10.60 - 2 cans of mistint paint from Cloverdale Paints
$44.02 - Another can of spray paint for touchups, the continuity strip to finish the carpet, furnace filters (in no way related to the project), utility knife and hacksaw (for the continuity strip and a handy thing to have anyway) from Home Hardware
$20.94 - 3 sets of curtains, one mahogany magazine rack, picture frame from the Salvation Army Thrift Store.

GRAND TOTAL - $134.52

My goal was to spend no more than $200 and I came $65.48 under that. So I treated myself to Chinese.

1 Comments:

Blogger DTD Time Traveler said...

You're quite the woman with a mission.

Congrats!

Monday, September 11, 2006 at 10:57:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home