I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Trading Spaces

Because up till tonight, I would have given anything to trade my room with someone else.

My room is supposed to be my haven, but due to the broken ballast in the flourescent (double ugh!) light in my room I have no light besides what is shed from my bedside lamp or the small window.

Nothing really matches, I have no consistent theme, all of my furniture is hand-me-down mismatched chipboard garbage and it was boring, boring, boring.

Last weekend, specifically Sunday, Wayne had to go to work for a few hours so I amused myself by pouring a warm bubble bath and turning on TLC.

They had a 'While You Were Out', 'Trading Spaces', 'Flip that House' thing going on all morning and I sat there watching these bland spaces being turned into something pleasing and I thought, "I could do that!".

And I sort of can -- sans the $1000 budget.

My budget is basically consisting of whatever is left over in my account after bills and rent have been paid, groceries are bought, a carton of smokes is easily accessible and the animals are fed.

Today that budget was roughly $49.

Fear not though. The one thing that my mom (and other female family members) have always instilled in me was to marry a rich man.

No wait, it was thrift.

A dollar saved and all that.

So off I went to Home Hardware to pick up a few supplies, and tonight found me getting giddily high on paint fumes while spray painting my ugly furniture a pleasing chocolate brown.

Yes. Pleasing Chocolate Brown. You read it right.

Hopefully by my birthday (It's my 23rd, 23 year olds like money) I can post some pictures of a delightful and inviting place to sleep and well, you know --

Read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home