I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

It's Early

I did something a little stupid this morning, like set my alarm for 6:30 so I'd have ample time to shower, finish packing, let Summie outside for a run and be ready for 8 when he gets here. But I'm so very tired now.

I'm really quite impatient to go, but I started reading The Hotel New Hampshire by John Irving last night and it's another one of those books that I'm finding hard to put down. I've loved Irving since the first time I read A Prayer for Owen Meany -- he's so readable. Then someone at work saw the cover of the book yesterday and mentioned it was made into a movie back in the early 80's. Sure enough, it was, and I think I'm getting a kick out of the idea that Seth Green plays the baby of the family, Egg, in it since I've had an ongoing (and unexplained) crush on him for years.

Anyway, I didn't end up getting to sleep until at least 2 last night and looked morosely at my clock before drifting off, thinking, 'We'll meet entirely too soon, my friend', and if the bleary eyes are any indication -- we did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home