I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I Want to Bitch..

.. so I'm going to.

3 years ago I worked a retail job that I kind of liked but that never managed to get me ahead. In fact, it got me farther behind.

I paid $500 for a room in a dark basement suite that I hated with a roommate that emotionally drained me most of the time and not one part of me felt like I was accomplishing anything more than going through the motions.

Some months I had $20 for groceries and made a $50 payment on my VISA that wasn't even a minimum on it just so they wouldn't take the damn thing away.

When I filed my income tax that year, the Alberta government subsidized my Health Care because I was officially impoverished. Meaning I made under $24,000 that year.

I cut up my VISA about 10 months ago when I decided the temptation was too much, but in light of the many reasons I need a credit card, I applied for a Mastercard today.

And when it came time to fill in my yearly income, I played on the adding machine multiplying my hourly wage by my weekly hours, and that by the amount of weeks in a year and came out with a sum that almost made me cry.

I work in a bank, and I will still be considered impoverished this tax season.

I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because I'm just in a melancholy mood tonight and I'll probably be over it come morning, but people, I listen to your problems all the time without complaint.. sometimes I have problems that I'd like to talk about, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger DTD Time Traveler said...

And yet you manage to have a lot of fun in life...from what I know of it.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 at 11:31:00 AM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home