I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I want my weekend!

I'm stressed out, and pissed off, and not really focused on much of anything and I just REALLY REALLY wish the weekend was here and I could forget about all this crap in my life.

Mr. Roberts found out last night that his parents are moving from Dawson Creek to Kamloops at the end of the month, so this weekend he'd like to go home to get the rest of his things from their basement. If I tag along, it means I get to go home to celebrate Mom's friend Marcela's birthday and have fondue, and I'm really looking forward to that.

Puppy man is still at mom's house. His new home fell through, so we're screening another prospective owner. I wrote her a long, thoughtful email last night on what life with Lincoln is like, but I haven't got a response. Hopefully she's not more attached to her cell phone than I was to mine. He's a very tactile and orally fixated puppy. Anything new goes in the mouth. Especially when it makes funny music noises and flashes lights.

And his litter sister, Lexus, who we sold to a couple in Virginia, is now finding herself homeless for generally the same reason. People who don't understand a puppy's need to chew shouldn't get puppies.

Mom's stressed about this, and it's carrying over to me.

So far we've managed to find her a ride from the states up to Brampton, Ontario, but still need to find her a ride to catch her flight out of Toronto sometime next week, and we're not having much luck.

Dogs are so much better than children in so many different capacities, but at least most people give more thought to children in circumstances like these.

I just really wish the weekend was here, and then my vacation shortly thereafter. And I wish some people would have more consideration for the people they profess to care about.

2 Comments:

Blogger DTD Time Traveler said...

Hey...message me when you get back. I just was at my parent's place and I took a video of a video of our grade 1 christmas concert production.

Friday, August 4, 2006 at 12:27:00 PM PDT

 
Blogger Quirky Cori said...

I don't think you realize that Brampton is just north of the Toronto airport. Like honestly, the airport is more in Brampton than anything and one of the busiest streets in Brampton is "Airport Road".

I wish I worked in Toronto and stuff still. I'd do it for you in a heartbeat!

Friday, August 4, 2006 at 6:06:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home