I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Monday, August 14, 2006

A Full Weekend

Ok, so Friday night it poured. I've drawn the conclusion that meteorologists just draw their forecasts out of a hat. Variable cloudiness, my arse.

That in itself was enough to make me fairly miserable, but then I also didn't balance and couldn't for the life of me figure out why.

We packed it up, and then I caught one of the St Albert buses into S.A. to meet Mr. Roberts for the parade and street dance.

He decided to leave the De Lorean at home, since she'd just been completely detailed and the roads were murky and very wet, so he picked me up at the transit station in his roommate, Jeanette's, Honda and we drove down to the parade staging area.

So many beautiful cars in one place. I'm not the hugest car nut out there, but I do recognize a nice piece of machinery when I see it.

They actually had a half decent turnout for the parade, in spite of the weather. People milled around armed with umbrellas and outfitted in raincoats and everyone was pretty cheery for what Ma Earth was throwing at us.



At about 8:30 or so the band came on. They played an awesome show and I think everyone was really into the old 50's rock they were playing. Everyone was dancing, and those that weren't doing in on the floor, were dancing in the crowd or in the sidelines. Even Mr. Roberts and I got into it and danced around with Jeanette from our shelter in front of the library.

They had to shut it down at 11, but because I didn't have the foresight to dress warm (note: sandals, a blazer and my work clothes), I was ready anyway. And I'm old now, so I needed to go to sleep anyway.

We got back to his place at about 11:30, showered and crawled into bed to sleep until 8 when we had to head to the car show.

We both ignored the first alarm when it went off at 8, and when the second one went off at 8:30 we almost stirred, so thankfully Jeanette had the sense to call him and wake us up so we could get a good spot at the show.

We peeked out the window and saw that the weather gods were smiling on us. The day was beginning with a clear blue sky and a bright sun.

We got there, got our spot, polished her up a bit more and then wandered around checking out the other vehicles already there.

I was happy to see a TR6 parked at the end of our row.

So I took this picture.







And maybe just another one. Y'know, for research purposes...



I left for a bit to get my hair and nails done, and I think he was happy to wander around without me tagging along. Plus, I got the added joy of taking a break from the boys and their toys to go do something supremely girly.

Unfortunately.. as pretty as she looked, he didn't win any prizes. The Special Interest category had competitors the likes of a immaculately kept Ferrari and a lifted Dodge pickup that really should have been in the Pickups 1990 and Newer category. Coincidentally, they also took the honors of First and Second, and the class only went 3 deep.

And if he didn't feel rotten enough about not having something shiny to put on his mantle, I discovered she was leaking coolant, and upon closer inspection he decided her water pump is done for.

We limped her home, got her comfortable in the garage and discovered that the supplier for De Lorean parts in Texas isn't (surprise, surprise) open on weekends.

Not the most appropriate timing in light of our impending trip down to Salmon Arm on Wednesday, but I guess, shit happens. And I have the utmost faith that things will work out.

Sunday we headed out to St Albert again, this time to see his friend Chris. Chris barbequed steaks and his friend Swede and his girlfriend, Erin, came out, too. I started drifting off at 11, so we said our goodbyes and he took me home.

Now I'm faced with about a million and a half things to do before Wednesday, but I really wanted to update in case I don't get a chance to before I leave.

And to be honest.. I wanted a place to stash this weekend's pictures.. so you're all forced to look. :)

Enjoy!







1 Comments:

Blogger Kwazer said...

A Delorean? That is FUCKING cool!

Have you tried to take it above 88 mph so that you can go back in time?
I actually don't think the problem is the waterpump. I think you may have a faulty flux capacitor. Maybe call Doc Brown?

"Time circuits on... Flux Capacitor... fluxing... Engine running... All right!"
[the engine stops suddenly]

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 at 11:59:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home