I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Today's Coolness

A girl came into the bank the other day with the telltale accent that makes most Canadians silly and weak in the knees and asked if we exchanged foreign currency. I responded that indeed we did and she handed me 4 of the most peculiar notes.

I'm not sure if many people have ever seen Australian currency, or 'battlers' as Aussies like to call them (the AU$ hasn't been on par with even the Canadian dollar in quite some time, but it fluctuates often, thus 'battling' with the American, or 'standard' dollar), but they are truly some of the most unique looking notes I've ever set eyes on. Or looked through for that matter.

See the cool little window built in???

They're a polymer note, which means they are water (and washing machine) proof, as well as being more durable, more resistant to folding (anyone who works with money knows the hassle of trying to make paper bills lay flat in a till after they've been rolled into bundles).

Anywho, they sat in my cashbox until this morning, when Amy from Commercial popped over to see if any tellers on our side might happen to have Australian money to sell.

I sold her all 4 notes, totalling $200 AUD, and felt a moment of sadness when I saw them go.

I mourned the loss of them all day, and at 20 minutes to close I wandered over to see if Amy had sold them all. She hadn't. She had 2 left.

Best $43.07 I've spent this week... Although I'm sure Mr Roberts would beg to differ -- that strappy little thing you saw me modeling is indeed what would be called a 'negligee'. ;)

I welcome anyone who wants to come feel the polymer goodness that is my $50 Battler. You won't regret it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home