I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

A Tale of Two Service Providers

What a day!

I now have a functioning phone, although Sara's not set up to do what she's entirely capable of. She's sorry for the inconvenience (esp. to Mr. Roberts and Mr. Pearson who waited on bated breath to be added to my BlackBerry messenger), but the morons that work at Rogers don't deserve their commission.

I set up my account through Fido today. And then was told that I could have had an account with Rogers, provided I was willing to pay a $100 deposit on my service. Which I totally was. Amazingly, I just seem to have $100 laying around, but since they were such ignoramuses/morons/dopes, I went through their partner and am now only using my phone at half it's capacity.

But I do have a phone now, oh yes. I can text and talk and be severely in demand whenever I feel the need. Unless I don't like you, and that's when the BB's ignore button comes in handy.

I have to apologize. Rossy left part of a bottle of 3 year old Australian Shiraz in the fridge.. I'm not sure if that was a good year for Australian vineyards, but after the day I had, it's a good night for some people we know.

I started to realize how much I need a cell in the past few weeks when I realized there isn't a payphone along Jasper Ave that allows you to make calls on it. Telus needs to get their shit together on just one more thing.

How the heck am I supposed to smoke and call someone on my lunch break if there's not a payphone within walking distance that I can call from?

Anyway I encountered the same problem today when I was at OmegaCell during Sara's surgery. The little Asian guy that was unlocking her told me it would run about a 1/2 hour, so I wandered over to Starbucks to grab a Chai and figured I'd check out the damage on my bank account up until this point.

Yep. The world is dependant on cell phones. I finally found one after 45 minutes had run by and the poor little guy was still overrun with Asian girls drooling over the new D&G V3i they just HAPPENED to have in stock (One only I might add). I'll admit that I was a little smitten, too. I think a gold phone would be hot, but I still think Razrs are taking over the world. And hey, I have enough status symbols in my life already.

Anyway, it's about time this lady gets reacquainted with her pillow. 9 came too damn early this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home