I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Tahiti, Sweetie!

I'm excited.

I may have mentioned a week and a bit ago that I get 3 weeks of paid vacation at my disposal next year, so I sold Mr. Roberts on the idea of going on a trip someplace. The last vacation I took that I can truly count as a vacation was in 1997 when the fam went to the Yukon. That means it's almost 10 years since I've been on one.

So I want to do it up in style. Daljinder and I were talking at work on Friday about places we'd like to go and we were just surfing the Lonely Planet website looking at places we'd like to go when we stumbled across the Maldives in the Indian Ocean. It truly is paradise on earth. But at $4000 each just for airfare to Sri Lanka, I'm not sure it's a paradise on my bank account.

So onward I went in my search. Big sis, Corina was on MSN and I was telling her my plans and the sadness of the realization I can't follow through with them when she pointed out an obvious answer.. Tahiti.

The reasons I loved Maldives are all available in Tahiti, and Tahiti is about 1/2 the price according to my rough Expedia estimate and it has everything we'd want in a vacation destination -- world class diving, gorgeous beaches, tropical weather, waterfalls and those cute little overwater bungalows, which I am bound and determined I'm spending at least one night in!

Apparently there are a ton of sharks in Tahiti, but their docile nature is somewhat of a phenomenom. I'm still not sure how I feel about diving among them, but at least knowing they're not similar to the maneaters off Australia's sunshine coast, I can breath a little easier.


So.. I have to start saving a lot more than I have been.

No more Saturday chinese cravings, lingerie splurges or fun toys and gadgets.

This girl is going to Tahiti with her sweetie.

1 Comments:

Blogger DTD Time Traveler said...

Wow...diving with sharks. Maybe you can tame a few more to ease the native's worries. Then again...maybe you'll just be lunch.

Good luck with that. I bet the trip would be amazing without even swimming though.

Monday, July 17, 2006 at 10:00:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home