I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Summer and Storms

I love summer storms.

It's strange how rain has this really soothing effect on me. I've sat on my couch all afternoon reading and drinking tea while listening to the sound it makes on my roof.

Summer lay beside me cringing whenever the thunder clapped and Lincoln stared longingly out the window. I know he wanted to go outside to play in the puddles, but I had no ambition to want to bathe a muddy puppy before bed.

And abruptly as the downpour started, it stopped.





I only hope Tumbler Ridge gets some more of this. My dad went back to work today after being one of the 4000 people evacuated from Tumbler due to a forest fire earlier this week, and I would hate for such a large part of my childhood to go up in smoke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home