I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Someone Stop Me...

from making bad decisions.

Yesterday, Annette and I were talking about the promotion and she asked whether I'd be willing to just try it out today to get a feel for whether or not I'd like it.

No big deal, except I wasn't scheduled today, and was sort of looking forward to a day off to get a few nagging things done around here.

Now, I don't believe I've actually mentioned this promotion on here, but anyone speaking with me recently knows that it's for a commercial CSR position, which means I deal with mainly business accounts.

The primary draw for me (besides the raise) is that unlike personal banking tellers, commercial is ALWAYS busy, so you never get bored. Unfortunately for me, getting tossed to the sharks like I did today means I don't have a 'system' mapped out yet and I tend to feel a little overwhelmed quite easily. Being easily agitated isn't my work persona at all, but this is a challenging position to say the least, and not having a system in place for organization means that you often get confused about what is what and what's been processed.

In a nutshell.. I lost my mind today, and I ended the day roughly $260,000 short.

Ouch.

It's been almost 2 months since I've NOT balanced.

Bloody commercial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home