I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Profanity 101 OR My Crappy Day

My head hurts and I'm irritable. Actually, I'm so irritable I just let my bus drive away this afternoon while I was smoking after finally tracking down my lighter. Fucking bus, fucking driver, fucking lighter that fucking died on me while lighting my fucking smoke. And fucking Anthony, for not picking up some of the slack while I hammered away at my closing duties after Day 1 of Month end.

As happy as I am to have Mr. Roberts home, I need to sleep more. I was happy until lunchtime, and then after spending 1/2 an hour of my break standing in line at RBC to make a deposit into my savings account (I knew I shouldn't have gone to the competitor just for kicks), I was on a rampage.

All afternoon, I varied between so many different annoyances and emotions.

Wanting to yell in utter frustration at all the asian people who just shoved a piece of paper with numbers on it across the counter to me ("What? You want the money? Or a money order? You want to transfer? What?!" And believe me, it was the second option more than most, as ridiculous as that seems).

Or tell the grungy smelly street people that antiperspirant is a better investment than the cheap wine they obviously enjoy dousing themselves in, instead.

Or just wanting to reach across the counter and hang up the phone on the commercial customers who think nothing of telling the person on the other end of the phone to "hang on one sec" while they vaguely tell me what they want to do in one sentence with no breaths (Iwanttodepositmoneyintothisaccountandthentransfersomeofitintotheotheroneok?).

Because modern day ettiquette totally states it's ok to give directions to someone during a business transaction while you're talking to someone else on the phone?

In the words of Full House's Stephanie Tanner.. HOW RUDE!

And the end of the day rolls around and I spend 15 minutes figuring out what number I wrote down wrong where that's leaving me exactly $900 out. And then aforementioned coworker who is supposed to help with our designated end of day duties, closes up, grabs his stuff and leaves while I'm still sorting my paperwork. I don't even want to go salsa dancing with him next week now!

I fully intend to do the same to him for the next 2 days, and will balance on first try just for spite.

Wayne and I are going to MSTRKRFT at the Starlite Room tonight. I'd be more excited if I didn't just want to head to bed early.

1 Comments:

Blogger Quirky Cori said...

you know that makes me laugh about that band on wikepedia - east york is basically just scarborough! It's all part of the giant Toronto!

some people just can't admit where they are from! geesh!

Thursday, July 27, 2006 at 3:36:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home