I'm a few clowns short of a circus, and unfortunately I've disillusioned myself into thinking I can write. Godspeed.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Petty Annoyance #3086 (and 3087)

The fact that almost every retailer, restaurant, fast food joint and gas station make you swipe your own debit card.

Control freak that I am, I would still prefer to relinquish control this one time in order to not spent 5 and a half minutes during every purchase having to reswipe my card because it didn't register the first 12 times.

The people behind you in line are annoyed, the checkout person is annoyed and I'm annoyed.

Are we noticing a pattern?

It wouldn't be so bad if they allowed for an error or two, but half the time, these bloody things are equipped with a metal sidepanel to ensure your PIN privacy and when your hand catches on it mid-swipe, you have to wait for the salesperson to stop pulling their thong out of their crack and reset it before you can swipe it again.

I hate these things.

Just swipe it for me, please.

And another thing.. to the bigwigs at Suzy's Inc... who wears 00 and XS? Honestly? Who are you catering to?

1 Comments:

Blogger DTD Time Traveler said...

Ohhh yeah, the last few times I've gone to a theater I go to skip the lineup by going to one of those debit ticket buying machines. I can never get my card to swipe until about the 6th try even though there are only 4 different ways for you to swipe it!

Monday, July 31, 2006 at 11:57:00 PM PDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home